The focus of Finding Chaya is on enabling women to live a full, Christ-centred life. Our values have their foundation in the Bible. They are:
- The belief that, as Christians, we are called to live a full life (John 10:10).
- That we are called to be joyful, pray continually, and to be thankful in all circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).
- That the Bible has been given to us as the Word of God and as a guide throughout our lives (Psalm 119:105).
- That we are called to care for and look after the world God has created (Genesis 1:24-31), including:
- the promotion of products that are natural, sustainable and ethical.
- the promotion of reusing and recycling where possible.
- considering the origin, treatment, production and consequences of all food produce.
- That we are commissioned to help those in need, whether that is physically or spiritually (Matthew 28:16-20 and Isaiah 1:17), including:
- supporting trusted organisations who work with groups in need and/or to spread the Gospel.
- That we are entrusted with our bodies by God and therefore should take care of them (1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ), including:
- encouraging a healthy relationship with food, both mentally and physically.
- exploring natural alternatives for looking after our bodies.
That we are to engage with the culture around us without losing our identity in Christ, as Jesus’ disciples (Matthew 5:13-16 and 1 Corinthians 8), including:
exploring how we can use pop culture to explain biblical ideas and teachings.
asking questions about what the Bible says in contrast to the surrounding culture.
- To support and encourage the development of strong Christian women who are willing to live counter-culturally and stand up for their faith (Esther 4:12-16), including
- exploring modesty in all aspects of life.
- enabling women to explore the Bible to make their own decisions.
- understanding what it means to be female in a biblical context.
If you are looking for Finding Chaya’s Statement of Faith, we use the Nicene Creed. You can read it here.